In pursuance of the principles of gender equality and rights this project aims at empowering women to participate in political leadership decision making processes; strengthen their capacity to defend their human rights; and increase their economic capacity to contribute effectively to their family socio-economic needs. Special attention is given to promoting and implementing a zero tolerance policy to sexual violence and other gender-based abuses, especially those rooted in obnoxious cultural traditions; and multiple challenges faced by aging women.
Workshops are held in schools and communities with psychologists and training experts targeted at young girls to teach them about domestic violence, abusive relationships, and self-esteem WHEN they are YOUNG; and better prepare them for the life-long challenges, opportunities and responsibilities ahead.
ACTIVITIES (Since 2004)
- Workshops on Inclusive (Women’s participation) Community Governance
- Workshops on Violence against women & young girls
- Provide protection services in partnership with relevant Agencies & NGOs
- Workshops on Modern-Day Slavery (with special focus on Female Domestic Servants)
- Medical Missions and group events for Health Assessment
- Empowerment of women through establishment of Small Businesses
- Organize platforms and give Groups a “voice” through registered Cooperatives and empowerment projects
- Coordinate annual scholarship program for indigent female undergraduate students
- Leadership Retreats at Songhai Farm, Porto-Novo, Benin Republic
- Participate in UN Conventions & other events on Women, Female, Youth and Children (girl child)