FOCUS AREAS & ACTIVITIES
CAPACITY BUILDING/SKILLS DEVELOPMENT & ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS
Unemployment in Nigeria is one of the most critical problems the country is facing. The years of fighting corruption, civil war, non-democratic rule, and mismanagement have hindered economic growth of the country. Dewdrop Foundation’s lifelong sustainable skills development/capacity building program such as the Childcare & Elderly care training, Entrepreneurship/Agro-based Small Businesses, as well as the Hospitality/Catering training programs amongst others, will go a long way in helping to curb the menace of unemployment in Nigeria, and will empower the women and youths especially to be self-reliant.
Since 2010, the Foundation has been providing capacity building and life-long vocational skills development opportunities for candidates in Abuja, as well as some satellite communities within the Federal Capital Territory, and in Enugu State, Nigeria.
Capacity building is critical to professional caregiving and two approaches are adopted for this purpose, namely
- Life Cycle & Economic Empowerment approach
- Technical training/ skills acquisition for poverty alleviation
Program includes workshops and certified skills development programs for Caregivers (primarily young & older females), on healthcare for Children, Women & the Elderly, in collaboration with a City & Guilds UK accredited Centre. Target groups for the Home/Healthcare training include:
- Mothers and Mums-to-be, Nurses’ Assistants, Hotel staff etc.
- Nannies, Baby-Sitters, Teachers/Teachers’ Assistants, and other Childcare providers in private homes, day-care centres, Crèches, Nursery and Primary schools, medical facilities, hotels etc.
- Companions and providers of personal care for the elderly in private homes and other facilities.
- Unemployed young men and women, and retirees who can be trained to assist the Elderly with their personal needs and keep them company.
Economic Empowerment Program
- Intensive retreats/workshops on economic empowerment projects, and entrepreneurship. Also provided support for agro-based SME projects for women & youth empowerment in a pilot rural community, in collaboration with Prof. Bart Nnaji Foundation (BNF), Songhai Farms, and OH Initiative
- Annual Scholarship program and Workshop on Economic Empowerment for 37 deserving indigent female undergraduate students from Nigerian Universities, in collaboration with Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG)
- Various skills acquisition and entrepreneurship training programs in Abuja and other States in Nigeria.
- Train-the-Trainer opportunities are provided for Dewdrop Foundation program participants in order to ensure sustainability of its projects. Participants include Community members, Gender-based NGOs, School Teachers, Nurses, Care-givers etc.
First Responders’ Training
Training in fire-fighting and other emergencies especially in homes & schools.
Please click here to see Dewdrop Foundation events and activities in pictures